Giving Tuesday 2023
Support One Rb World 2024: Pave the Way for Retinoblastoma Care
At the heart of every family fighting retinoblastoma is a dream; to life, to see, and to conquer. As part of the global retinoblastoma community, you have the power to shape that dream. Join us in supporting the upcoming One Rb World 2024 Conference in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Why Support One Rb World?
The One Rb World Conference brings together medical experts, families, survivors, researchers, and other advocates from across the globe. Our mission? To ensure no child with Rb, survivor or family suffers needlessly from retinoblastoma. One Rb World is a keystone for sharing knowledge and experience, discussing early detection and treatment, understanding the psychosocial impacts and lifelong Rb care needs, focusing on patient-centred research, and advancing global collaborations.
You can view sessions from the last three meetings at our One Rb World Sessions Hub.
This is also a unique opportunity for families, patients and survivors of all ages, and professionals to meet, socialise, network, and build vital relationships beyond the hospital. These connections help strengthen the individual and community through challenging times, and lead to more effective work for the best patient care.
Every meeting also offers fun and therapeutic activities for children diagnosed with retinoblastoma, their siblings, and children of adult survivors. After two years of virtual sessions, we look forward to providing a full three-day child life program for children of all ages at One Rb World 2024.
By supporting our Giving Tuesday campaign, you directly contribute to venue costs, the live-streaming facility, and our therapeutic child life program, ensuring the One Rb World 2024 conference is open to all.
How Can You Help?
Get involved by creating your personal fundraising page via our Mightycause hub. Choose a fundraising goal that resonates with you. For example, reflecting the number of children who develop Rb each year in the USA, North America, or even globally. Tell your story, make a donation, inspire your community to give, and be the change.
Help us make One Rb World 2024 a landmark event. Together, we can achieve more than survival; we can gift a future.
Suggested Fundraising Goals
Your fundraising goal can help raise awareness of the impact childhood eye cancer has around the world. You could set a goal that represents the number of children who develop retinoblastoma each year, and explain this in your story.
Please note that we say “develop Rb” rather than “diagnosed with Rb” because some children in developing countries die before being diagnosed with eye cancer.
Here are some suggested fundraising goals. Figures are rounded out for simplicity.
- $300 – approximately 300 children in the USA.
- $500 – approximately 500 children in Europe.
- $1,100 – approximately 1,100 children across North, Central, and South America.
- $2,100 – approximately 2,100 children across Africa.
- $5,000 – approximately 5,000 children across Asia and Oceania.
- $8,700 – representing all children globally who develop Rb each year.
- $1,200 – approximately 1,200 children in low income countries.
- $3,900 – approximately 3,900 children in lower middle income countries.
- $2,700 – approximately 2,700 children in upper middle income countries.
- $900 – approximately 900 children in high income countries.
Global Rb Research
- $4,000 – represents 4,064 children included in the recent Global Rb Outcome Study across 149 countries (the largest Rb study ever conducted).
4 Key Ways Sharing Your Story Makes a Difference, and Tips for Telling
Every individual in our retinoblastoma community has a unique story to tell – whether parent, survivor, sibling, professional, extended family member or supporter. Our 2020 blog explores the importance of storytelling, how sharing your story can impact your own life and others, and tips for telling.
Create Your Fundraising Page Today!
Last year, WE C Hope USA President and Rb survivor, Marissa Gonzalez, created a personal fundraiser to celebrate being 30 years cancer-free. Visit Marissa’s page and read her story.
You can create your own inspiring fundraising page in 7 easy steps.
- Go to WE C Hope USA’s Fundraising Hub and log in or create an account.
- Give your page an inspiring title.
- Set your fundraising target.
- Add photos and/or video
- Tell visitors why you’re fundraising for WE C Hope and inspire their support.
- Make your own donation – even a small donation by the page owner inspires people to give, and to give more.
- Email the page address to everyone you know and invite them to donate. Personal requests are more effective than sharing generally on social media.
Donors can leave a message with their gift. They will automatically receive an e-receipt (which is also a tax receipt) and thank you note from WE C Hope. You will receive a notification, and can also send them a thank you.