Treatment Decision Making Guide
Review the 12 Decision Making Steps
This guide contains a lot of detailed information. We recognise that you will most likely be reading as you try to sift through more complex information, and the decision making process may seem overwhelming.
Take a deep breath – you can do this!
Go through this decision-making process one step at a time.
Decision Making Guide introduction
- Acknowledge your thoughts and feelings.
- Understand your decision-making style.
- Find your expert team.
- Understand shared decision making and informed consent.
- Set an intention to make balanced decisions.
- Learn about retinoblastoma.
- Evaluate your options.
- Consider your values and goals.
- Manage disagreement and conflict.
- Make your decision.
- Review your decision.
- Support your child – and yourself.
We hope this guide will help you navigate through this very difficult time, and make the best treatment decisions for your child’s complete wellbeing – now and throughout their life.
Always put your child’s needs first, always ask questions, and always make your decisions in full discussion with experienced retinoblastoma specialists who know your child’s case.